Covid - 19 Update
We hope you and your families are all well?
We thought we would give you an updated idea of where we are with the swim school at the moment. Our teachers and us cannot wait to get back, as I’m sure most of you wish to get back to some normality soon too.
We saw the Prime Minister’s phased return to normality at the beginning of the week, as I’m sure most of you did, and it looks like they are proposing we may be able to consider returning (in our industry) after the beginning of July at the earliest.
Obviously, we are completely reliant on the school and the leisure centres returning before we can go back.
We are also waiting to get guidance from our Governing bodies (RLSS, STA & Swim England) as to how we can open safely for the children, you and our lovely staff. Apparently they are advising the Government and will be sending out advice for all swim schools and pool providers. We are affiliated with Swim England as a school and I am a member of the STA and RLSS too. So we should be getting information from all of those sources.
Like you, we really want to return as soon as safely possible but I am not sure if we will be able to return to the swim school this side of the Summer holidays, but we are keeping everything crossed that we can be up and running as soon as possible.
The reasons we are still unsure of when we will be open is that we are, as mentioned earlier, completely reliant on other areas (school/leisure centres) returning to business, that there is no second spike in the virus and guidance from the Government and our governing bodies being fully available and installed.
We will keep you informed as soon as we hear any information.
Stay well and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
Kerrie & Gavin
Kerrie & Gavin